Missing teeth have long replaced conventionally with fixed bridges or dentures, however more recently there has been a trend towards replacing missing teeth with dental implants which are more comfortable and a permanent solution. Implants placed and restored by an experienced dentist will look and feel like your own teeth naturally and be virtually indistinguishable.
Tooth loss can occur for a number of reasons including trauma or gum disease. The loss of teeth can have a significant impact on a person's self esteem due to the aesthetic implications as well as bite problems and causing difficulties in eating.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacements for the root portion of your tooth. Implants consist of a threaded titanium screw or post that is surgically placed into the jaw bone.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- They provide a stable base for single-tooth crowns, larger bridges or dentures.
- Implants have a completely natural mouth feel.
- Dentures can be strongly secured into place with dental implants giving patients the confidence and comfort of being able to eat what they want.
- No drilling of neighbouring healthy teeth is required unlike bridges.
- Gain security and quality of life with dental implants. Have an attractive smile and enjoy food again.